Pulled Pork is one of the easiest and most versatile things you can make and have on-hand in your kitchen. Buy a 3 to 4 pound pork roast, cook all day in your slow cooker, then freeze it in meal-sized portions to use for later meals. Check out this post for three easy meals you can make with this basic pulled pork recipe.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork:
3 to 4 pound pork sirloin roast (I’ve used other cuts and they also work well)
4-5 slices bacon
1. Line the bottom of the slow cooker with the bacon.
2. Using 1/2 tsp salt per pound of roast, rub salt all over the roast.
3. Place roast in slow cooker and set on low for 8-10 hours.
4. When fork-tender, remove roast and shred with 2 forks.
5. Split into meal-size portions and freeze in freezer-safe container (like these).