Mom’s Pumpkin Bread (makes 7 mini-loaves)
- 3 1/3 cups flour (unbleached, all-purpose)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups sugar (I use half this amount…..I promise, it’s still yummy!)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup oil (melted butter)
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups canned pumpkin (one 15oz can)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into 7 greased mini-loaf pans. (about 5 1/2″ x 3 1/4″ x 2″)
- Bake one hour, or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool on rack, then wrap tightly in plastic wrap. If freezing, also wrap tightly in foil.
The red text in the ingredient list are my changes/preferences. I promise, you will not notice a difference if you use less sugar! Also, I’ve tried it with whole wheat flour or a mix of flours and trust me, you want to use all white flour. Since I only have a set of four mini-loaf pans, I use disposable foil pans (found at your local grocery store in sets of 5-10) for the remaining three loaves.